We have managed to aggregate the best video marketing statistics about why it’s so important to use digital video than you ever thought you’d need.
Many of these figures are mind-blowing, from video consumption to actual numbers on ROI increases due to video usage.
So buckle up and enjoy as we make our way through the video marketing statistics that prove you need corporate video.
Best of Video Marketing Overall
- You can get 66% more qualified leads if you attract them via video and take into account your sales funnel. (Mike Gingerich)
- It is possible to improve organic traffic from search results by 157% using video. (BrightEdge)
- Video improves brand recognition – by 54% on average.
- Video placed on the landing page improves conversion by 86% compared to text pages only. (Wishpond)
- On average, sites that use video have a 4.8% conversion rate (compared to 2,9% for those who don’t use it).
- Videos improve click-through rates by 65% and decrease unsubscribes by 26%. (Salesforce)
Video Marketing ROI
- Companies that used video marketing grew 49% faster in revenue than those that didn’t last year.
- Three-quarters of businesses reported that video helped them increase sales.
- 84% of consumers reported buying a product after watching video marketing for it. (Neil Patel)
- Over half of marketing professionals globally name video as the type of content with the highest ROI. (Adobe-learn more)
- Three-quarters of B2B marketers state that video positively impacts marketing ROI
B2B Video Marketing Statistics
- 88% of marketers working in the B2B segment think that high-quality content creation contributes to the better image of their company (Content Marketing Institute) – and 65% of executives switch to the website of a company after viewing a YouTube video from it. ( Forbes)
- 71% of B2B marketers use video in their strategies, and 73% of them report a positive impact on return on investment.
- Promotional and storytelling videos are the most commonly created types of video content.
Video in SEO
- Companies using video enjoy 41% more web traffic from search than non-users (SmallBizTrends)
- Want to jump to the top of search results? Adding video to your site increases your chance of getting on the front page of a Google search result by fifty times. (Forrester)
- Businesses that use video marketing reported a 76% increase in traffic.
Video E-Mail Marketing Statistics
- When video marketing is used in an email, it leads to a substantial 200-300% increase in click-through rates. (Hubspot)
- If the word “video” is in the subject line, emails have opened an average of 7% more than if it isn’t. (Single Grain)
- Instead of images, try using a thumbnail from the video. This small change increases click-through rates by 21%. (Wistia)
Video in Sales Statistics
According to Wordstream, a video added to your email newsletter can increase your click-through rate by 300%. (Wordstream)
Segment your users, track their purchase history, views, and abandoned baskets, and send emails with videos of those products that are of most interest to them.
Careful segmentation of your subscribers can improve your open rate by up to 94%. (Super Office)
By the way, if you want to receive an additional 19% improved probability that your letter will be open and read, add the word “video” in the subject line.
How Videos Improve Buying Behavior: Facts and Figures
- 80% of customers start the “customer journey” by watching branded videos on YouTube. (Smart Insights)
- Forbes has conducted research and found out that videos are shared 1200% more frequently than links and articles combined. (Forbes)
- 50% of users watch the explanation or how that video is before or after the purchase.
- 69% of users buy an application or program subscription after watching a video. (PPCProtect)
- Users tend to remember 95% of the marketing message from the video – compared with 10% if they read the text.
- 62% of customers tend to change their opinion about the brand for the worse if they watch a low-quality branded video. (ThriveHive)
Customer Preferences [Studies]
- 84% of users want constant interaction with brands through branded video content, and 87% want to receive even more materials.
- Half of the customers prefer video content to all other types of content.
Hint! Keep a balance and do not forget about the second half. According to other sources, 72% of users will choose a video if the page has video and text at the same time, however, there are 28% will choose the text. (Biteable)
- The number of uses of ad blockers has more than quadrupled over the past year. (Wordstream)
- At the same time, 71% of users said that they would like to customize the commercials that are shown to them instead of being completely disconnected from the brands. (Study by Marketing Drive)
- 81% of those who don’t use blockers just turn off the sound when the ad is running.
- Nevertheless, advertising continues to work – 43% of users said that they purchased after watching YouTube ads, even if they were not familiar with the brand before.
- As for the optimal length of the advertising video, the best result shows the video with a duration of 15 or 30 seconds, reaching 90% of the level of views to the end. For comparison, a video that lasts 20 seconds will be watched to the end in only 60% of cases. (Marketing Land)
Product Or Service Marketing
- A reported 25% of consumers lose interest in a company or brand if there isn’t any video marketing.
- When it comes to deciding on a product or service, 9 out of 10 consumers say video helps them with their choice.
- 64% of users are more likely to purchase a product online after watching a video about it.
- 87% of online marketers use video content. ( Outbrain)
- In the United States alone, digital video marketing is valued at well over one hundred billion dollars. (Forbes)
- Enjoyable video ads increase purchasing intent by consumers by an amazing 97%. (Strategic-IC)
- Marketing lead costs drop by 19% for businesses that use online video marketing. (Aberdeen)
- More than 8 out of every 10 B2C businesses report that video marketing has become their most valuable way of promoting their product or service. (Content Marketing Institute)
The great Social Media Video Statistics
- There is a prediction that Instagram will outperform YouTube in terms of sales-driving video consumption. (Entrepreneur )And by the way, only 25% of users prefer to watch videos vertically – as it was conceived on IGTV. The rest are watching the video in the usual horizontal way.
- At the same time, vertical videos engage users four times better on Facebook (Insense)and 2.5 times better on Twitter. As for vertical advertising, users watch it to the end in 90% of cases (for comparison, the figure is 14% for horizontal video ads).
- 2015 was the beginning of the YouTube breakthrough. Already then, five years ago, users from 18 to 49 years spent this platform 74% more time than watching TV. (Brandwatch)
- In addition, this is the second most popular site after Google, and in total users spend about a billion hours on this platform. This is more than half a billion users and more than five billion watched videos per day. (Forbes)
- And the total number of active users of YouTube is striving for two billion. (BusinessOfApps)
- And by the way, the number of watched videos from celebrities and vloggers increased by only 5%. Users are showing increasing interest in branded and custom videos. (The Guardian)
- There is a prediction that in 2021, Facebook will turn into a 100% video platform – without text. (PopSci)
- Tweets with the video are retweeted six times more often. (Marketing Twitter)
- 84% of marketers use Facebook as their primary advertising platform. (Single Grain)
Mobile Video Marketing Statistics
- 57% of videos are viewed from mobile devices, and 92% of mobile users share videos with others. (The Nielsen Total Audience Report)
- According to a Facebook study, people watch videos from mobiles 1.5 times more often than from other devices.
- Every year, the number of watched videos from smartphones doubles – by analogy with the geometric progression.
- In 2022, video will account for 82% of all Internet traffic.
- 93% of Twitter videos are watched on mobile. (Twitter)
- Mobile phone video content consumers should reach 175 million by next year, with 18 to 24-year-olds currently watching 36 minutes of video on their smartphones per week. (Statista)
- When it comes to Instagram, 41% of marketers have used marketing videos. Of those who used it, three-quarters found it to be an effective strategy.
Video Marketing Engagement Statistics
When given a choice between video and text on a product information page, almost three-quarters of consumers will go with the video.
Engagement And Conversion
- If you include an explainer video on your landing page (and up near the top, not waaaaay down at the bottom), your chances of increasing conversion jump 80%. (Unbounce)
- When it comes to time, a good range is between 45 and two minutes. Only 5% of viewers that make it to the one-minute mark will stop then, but that number increases to a drastic 60% leave-rate past the two-minute mark.
- For branded content videos, an average of about a third of all viewers will stick around to the end.
- Mid-week, especially Wednesday, is the best statistical time to post a B2B video.
- Almost all consumers (95%) believe a video should be less than two minutes long.
- You have a 53% better chance of getting your page to the top of the search results if you have a video on it.
- Once the person is on your page, almost 90% of them will stay longer than if you have text alone.
- Most marketers (80%) agree, saying video increases time spent on a site. (Hubspot)
Social Sharing Statistics
- When it comes to effective sharing, video has fantastic results. More than 9 out of every 10 consumer that watches a branded video on mobile has shared it with a friend. (Hendrix)
- Getting an explainer video on your social channels means viewers are 10x more likely to engage with you and share your video. (Content Marketing Institute)
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined. (SmallBizTrends)
- Make your video engaging. It’s reported that 83% of viewers will consider sharing a branded video with a friend if they enjoyed it.
- Want to hit the sweet spot with your B2B explainer video? Post it between 7 am – 11 am PST, that’s statistically shown to get the most potential viewing audience and shares. (Vidyard)
To Summarize It Up
As you can see, video is one of the strongest trends of our time, which has captured all industries without exception. Refusing to use it is like deliberately building a wall between your brand and your customers. Right now, it makes sense to think about how you will use the video in your marketing strategy, and we are always here to help. Or read more on our blog